Paul Thwaite was appointed Group chief executive officer (CEO) in July 2023. He was central to the formulation and execution of the Group’s strategy reviews in both 2014 and 2019, giving him a strong, enterprise-wide view.
Paul Thwaite has led the development and delivery of industry-leading initiatives on Climate and support for SMEs, including the coordination of the Group’s business support during the pandemic.
25 July 2023 (for an initial 12-month period)
Contribution to the Board
An experienced leader of NatWest’s Commercial & Institutional franchise and Payments business. He brings a customer focus to the Board, as well as expertise in balance sheet management, transformation and risk and controls.
He’s played an active role in NatWest’s diversity, equality and inclusion agenda, sponsoring and progressing a number of targeted programmes including the Group’s Junior Management Team and Multicultural Network.
Paul Thwaite has a track record of success in senior global roles within Wholesale, Corporate, International, Risk and Retail Banking, based across the UK, Europe and US.
Most recently he was Chief Executive Officer of NatWest’s Commercial & Institutional franchise between July 2022 and July 2023, having previously led the Group’s Commercial Banking division as CEO since November 2019.
As part of his most recent role, Paul also led the Group’s Payments business.
Non-executive director of Pollinate Networks Limited.
CEO contact information
|CEO Full Name
|CEO Email Address
|Scotland, EH2 2YB, United Kingdom
NatWest Group Executive team
- Katie Murray – Group Chief Financial Officer
- Keiran Foad – Group Chief Risk Officer
- Mohammad Kamal Syed – Interim CEO, Coutts and Wealth Businesses
- David Lindberg – CEO, Retail Banking
- Scott Marcar – Group Chief Information Officer
- Oliver Holbourn – CEO of RBS International
- Nick Curle – Group Chief Audit Executive
- Gideon Moore – Group Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel
- Jen Tippin – Group Chief People & Transformation Officer
- Margaret Jobling – Group Chief Marketing Officer
- Matt Austen – Group Director of Strategy, Corporate Development & Sustainability
- Alex Dawtrey – Group Chief Communications Officer
- Jan Cargill – Chief Governance Officer and Company Secretary
|John – Distinguished Engineer
|Aayush Bajaj – Senior Operations Analyst
|Richard Jones – Chief Operating Officer
|Christopher Bouwers – Head of Data Risk Reporting
NatWest Group plc is a British banking and insurance holding company, based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It’s a wide variety of banking brands offering personal and business banking, private banking, investment banking and insurance.
Founded in 1968, its main subsidiary companies are National Westminster Bank, Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest Markets and Coutts. The group issues banknotes in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
NatWest Group CEO Paul Thwaite Net Worth
Paul Thwaite serves as Chief Executive Officer – NatWest Group Commercial Banking of the Company.
Paul Thwaite’s salary or bonus figure in NatWest Group’s annual report, which refers to total compensation for the position of group CEO, was £5.3 million (about $6.6 million) for the financial year.
Read Also: Burger King CEO Email